Conventional household cleaners can be full of nasty stuff. They're even linked to poor indoor air quality. Not only are there harsh chemicals involved, there's a certain amount of waste — from disposable sponges to paper towels — that's not so eco-friendly.
Don't despair! Here are six products from Etsy to help you green your cleaning routine!
- Sure, sponges are reusable but they only last a few weeks. Maybe a couple of months, if you stick them in the dishwasher once in a while. Rather than replace those household sponges, check out these crocheted dishcloths from Rebecca Jay Studios. She says they last for years! Plus, they're so much prettier than boring old sponges.
- Conventional laundry detergent is full of mystery chemicals. Clean Rinse's 100% natural laundry soaps are a gentler alternative. The castille-based detergent is free from petroleum products and artificial perfumes.
- Haven't quote made the switch to drying your clothes sans electricity? You can still ditch those chemical-laden dryer sheets! ReFabulous stocks handmade dryer sachets to give your clothes a fresh lavender scent.
- The average American uses 741 pounds of paper per year. Why not replace the paper towels with these reusable non-paper alternatives from Moo Cow Momma?
- Live Laugh Love gives you a great alternative to conventional dish soap, and it's even good to go for the dishwasher!
- Never got around to making your own Swiffer pads? No sweat! Qwerty O has you covered with a set of three reusable pads.
So spill it: what have you guys been doing to make your cleaning routine a little more Earth-friendly?
Image Credit: Banksy Street Cleaner. Creative Commons photo by djbrady