Here are 5 things you can do today that won't cost you a dime and will make mother nature smile:
- Turn your thermostat down one degree in the winter and up one degree in the summer. If everyone made this small unnoticeable change, the impact would be huge!
- Reduce paper waste, & wasting your time by saying no to junk mail. Go to www.dmaconsumers.org to sign up for the DMA's Mail Preference Service and choosing not to receive mailers from their members. This won't eliminate all junk mail but it'll make a big dent.
- Unplug idle appliances and electronic devices like cell phone chargers, gaming consoles, microwavesâ€¦ This will cut down on Vampire Energy usage and save you money.
- Say no to excessive packaging by choose products that package with less. This will reduce the amount of waste you create and impact the decisions businesses make. They like to make money, and if enough people stop buying products that use wasteful packaging practices they will change.
- Do full loads of laundry and wash with cold water. Our washers and dryers use a considerable amount of energy and water. By waiting until you have a full load you consolidate your washes and reduce the overall amount of water & energy used. Washing in cold water also reduces the amount of energy used in each wash.