Part product comparison site, part social network Huddler's Green Home is a place for eco-minded consumer to gather, learn about & share information about Green products & services, and interact. If you've been putting off really jumping into "Going Green" this would be a great place to start. With Earth Day coming up they are running a contest where you can win a prize pack filled with products to start you down the Green path. Keep reading for details on the contest...
Huddler has three main sections: Product Review, the Forum and a Wiki.
The product review section is where user can share their experiences or thoughts on product that they have, want or used to have. This is a great place to check before buying a Green product, for example, check out the reviews of the GE 15W Dimable CFL. Two users reviewed this and explained that it buzzed and flickered when dimmed to low light. I think most people would like to hear this before spending $14 on one light bulb.
The Wiki is a place to collaborate on Green information. By the nature of a Wiki, everyone has the ability to edit each article, so through community participation and moderation you should end up with novel information that is relatively free from bias. On Huddler's Wiki, you can find some really interesting how-to guides and informational articles like the guide: How to Identify Greenwashing.
Finally you have the familiar forum where you can interact with other Huddlers. Ask a question, share a cool Green site (wink wink...), or just rant, the forum is where the community really comes together.
Beyond the reviews, forum and Wiki, Huddler is a social network. You create a profile and then you can interact with specific users by sending them a personal message or post on someone's bulletin board. Plus when you read a review you can click on that reviewers name to get a better feel for who they are and where they are coming from.
By participating in the Huddler Community you can connect with other like minded people and together you can learn what to buy, or how to better use the stuff you already have.
Details on the "Win a Bag with Cool Green Stuff" contest:
Huddler is giving away ten Huddler messenger bags made from 100% recycled materials and they're filled with cool green stuff.
Each bag contains:
- 1 100% recycled nylon Huddler messenger bag
- 1 EarthLED CL-3 bulb
- 2 TCP SpringLight CFL bulbs
- 1 bottle of Eco Touch waterless car wash
- 1 bottle of Biokleen all-purpose spray and wipe cleaner
- 1 bottle of Earth Friendly Products Dishmate dish washing liquid
- 1 bottle of Method daily shower spray
- 1 pair of GreenLaces shoelaces
(Total value: $144.17)
How to enter:
- Join Greenhome.Huddler.com (if you haven't already)
- Write a minimum of three product reviews or two original wiki articles between now and Earth Day, April 22nd (of course it doesn't hurt your chances to write more than the minimum)
- Huddler staff will objectively choose ten winners based on the quality of the content (so don't just contribute fluff)
For more contest details, visit Huddler.com