San Francisco based Mission Motors unveiled this jaw dropping, face melting Electric Motorcycle yesterday at the 2009 TED conference. I am going to cut straight to the chase… aside from being sexy as hell, the Mission One has a range of 150 miles and it will get you there in an hour (top speed 150mph)!
Now some of you will scoff at a 150mph top speed, while others will scream and run, but let me remind you that the real strength with an electric drive train is the torque. All torque all the time… so basically your eyeballs will be in the back of your head before you hit 30mph.
Now if you make to your destination in one piece and if you are blessed with a 240V power supply you can be fully recharged and back ripping up the pavement in under 2 hours. If you only have a 120V then you’ll have to wait eight.
Now the bad news… They are only releasing this initial model as a limited edition run of 50 bikes each costing $69K, however the word on the street is that this summer they will unveil a more affordable standard edition.
Bottom line is this lean mean green machine will be turning head with it’s sleek beauty, awesome range, killer performance and zero tailpipe emissions.
- Battery Pack: High Energy Lithium-Ion w/ Integrated Thermal Management System
- Motor: Liquid-cooled, 3-phase AC Induction
- Torque: 100 lb-ft @ 0 to 6,500 rpm
- Transmission: Single speed
- Suspension/Front: Ohlins 43mm inverted fork; fully adjustable, 4.5-in travel
- Suspension/Rear: Ohlins Single shock w/piggyback reservoir; fully adjustable, 4.5-in travel
- Brakes/Front: Dual Brembo 310mm disc; Brembo radial-mount forged 4-piston calipers
- Brakes/Rear: Brembo 220mm disc; single-piston caliper
- Wheels/Tires/Front: Marchesini forged aluminum 3.5" x 17", 120/70ZR17 - race Compound
- Wheels/Tires/Rear: Marchesini forged aluminum 6.0"x17", 190/55ZR17 - race Compound
- Top Speed: 150mph
- Range: 150 miles per charge (est. EPA drive cycle)
- Recharge Time: Under 2 Hours @ 240V (8 Hours @ 120V)
- Interactive Feature: Adjustable regenerative rear wheel braking
- Interactive Feature: Intuitive / adjustable data acquisition system