For an eco-friendly bicycle gift, order a wood-frame bicycle for your favorite cyclist from Renovo: an environmentally friendly, hand-made, and truly unique green innovation.
Renovo Hardwood Bicycles swears that their frames:
- Absorb vibration better than steel, aluminum or carbon, producing a uniquely smooth ride
- The fatigue life of wood exceeds steel or aluminum, and approaches carbon
- Wood is not susceptible to crack propagation from dents like the metals
- Have much greater impact resistance than butted metal or carbon bike frames
- Are as stiff pound for pound as the metals, even while it’s better at absorbing road vibration
- Are sustainable, recyclable, biodegradable, with a tiny carbon footprint, while the primary production of steel, aluminum, titanium and carbon fiber are incredibly polluting and unfriendly to our environment.
Wood is nature's carbon fiber, sustainable, and with unique engineering properties that ensures a superior ride quality and durability compared to man-made frames. The Renovo frame weighs in at 3.5 to 4.5 pounds, making it a light, fast bike.
The frame is environmentally friendly, made with sustainable woods and using low VOC waterborne sealers and finishes.
Give your favorite biker a Renovo Hardwood Bicycle this Christmas. In fact, get two and then give one to me - I like the purpleheart model...
Renovo Hardwood Bicycles
2005 S.E. 8th Ave.
Portland, Oregon 97214