Another great concept from The Greener Grass. The "Current State" is a real time energy monitoring and control system that would all you to monitor and and control your homes energy use remotely. The Greener Grass explains that it will work like this:
- Order the system online, specifying the number of Plug-Ends needed.
- Install Current State software on your mobile device.
- Attach Plug-Ends to powered devices around your house.
- Sync Plug-Ends to software, giving each powered device a descriptive name and confirming its location within your house.
- Use Current State to remotely monitor your energy usage, control your devices, and set up automatic timers.
The best part is the system does not require a hardwire installation which would be costly, complicated and intrusive. Simply put a "Plug-End" on every electrical device that you want to monitor and control. The software allows you to monitor the energy use of whole rooms and specific devices. You can set conservation goals and timers for devices to turn on and off.
While they don't explain exactly how the system would communicate the picture makes it appear that the phone communicates directly to your phone via Bluetooth, which would limit its range to about 32'. I'd like to see a WiFi or Bluetooth communication with a central hub that connects to you modem or router giving you access via you computer or allowing you to monitor and control you system from anywhere in the world via the Internet.... but that's just one mans opinion. To be honest I'd be happy with any iteration of this concept coming to fruition. Let's make it happen Greener Grass!