You can contribute! Garth Johnson from Extreme Craft will be writing the next book in the 1000 series by Quarry Publishing featuring “21st Century craft and design, all made with recycled, upcycled, repurposed and reused items.”
This would be perfect for any Etsy nut that loves to sew their old socks and sweaters into wacky animals, or change their computer keys into jewelry.
Some examples for entry given on the site are:
- Paper Craft– Consigning paper to the recycling bin is a shame. Do you make interesting things out of paper?
- Art– Does your art involve clever reuse of materials in installation, sculpture, collage, painting or other media?
- Jewelry and accessories– Our definition here is very broad—we’re looking for all kinds of personal adornment, handbags, belts, hats, etc.
- Clothing– We’re seeking all kinds of clothing mash-ups, stitch-ups, and makeovers.
- Fiber and fabric- How about renovated soft goods made from recycled or vintage linens, quilts, fabrics, fibers, sweaters, yarns, rugs?
- Housewares and furnishings– We’re looking for repurposed furniture, ceramics, serving dishes, utensils and miscellaneous home goods.
- Houses, interiors, and environments– Is your living space made of reused materials? Have you made a visionary environment out of recycled materials?
- GeekCraft and ManCraft– Do you make repurposed items with geek appeal? What about traditionally “manly” items such such as grills, antler furniture and armchair go-karts?
- UnClassifiable– We are encouraging the submission of work that doesn’t fit into any of the above boxes.