I was doing a little spring cleaning of my office and I came across something that I come across ever year... Floppy Disks. I am not sure when the last time I used a floppy was, but I keep saving them just in case. Well I decided this year it is time to let them go, but rather than just throw them in the trash I did a quick Google search for "recycle floppy disks" to find the best way to dispose of them. What I found was a bunch of great ideas of how to finally put them back to work. Here are the best recycled floppy projects I found...
1. The Floppy Disk Bag. You can see the whole tutorial on making it at Instructables.com:
2. A Floppy Tote Bag from Instructables.com:
3. A Mosaic Mural:
4. A Floppy Notebook, from livejournal.com:
5. A Floppy Pen Caddy from Instructables.com:
6. A Floppy Disk Combobulation from George W. Hart:
7. Floppy Disk Coasters from James Wade:
Finally if you don't want to keep these things around GreenDisk is a service that provides responsible and secure disposal of your floppys.