This is a quick and easy way to repurpose some old magazines into a plant/book/lamp stand. No glue is required. Don’t worry about scissors either…and you only need a few magazines to make this work!
First off the only materials needed are magazines…that being said a thicker one works better due to more supporting structure. Also, very important to keeping the pages from popping out is to remove any stiff inserts, such as some ads, subscription cards, fold outs, etc.
- Place the magazine vertically on a table and open it like you were going to read from the front (front cover out to the left)
- As you flip through every 10 pages or so make a like crease and fold them into the binding
- Let the top corner of the pages stick out a little (a flower pot or whatever object will pinch these in place)
- Continue through the whole magazine going to the right
- When you reach the end fold the front cover around the first crease
- Use this method on more magazines to complete a base (two or more)
This has been done with great appeal using older magazines that are a simple black and white. The same effect can be accomplished using books (obviously with the hard cover removed).