Do you tend to kill plants? Try your hand at succulents, and check out some of these interesting ways to show them off.
Succulents are super hip right now, but their trendiness isn't what I love about them. I am sort of a plant-killer, which makes succulents the perfect plants for me.
Most succulents thrive on neglect, and I am a pro at neglecting plants! In fact, one of my girlfriends is an amazing gardener but can't keep her succulents alive. After we talked about it for a bit, we realized it's that she is too nurturing. The techniques that make her backyard garden enviable - especially a frequent watering schedule - spell doom for a succulent.
Meanwhile the one that I forgot about on a windowsill for three weeks is thriving. The point is: if you're bad at gardening you should definitely give succulents a try!
You know that we love succulents around here, and we also love adding a touch of green wherever we can. The list below has some awesome ways to use succulents in surprising ways. Some of these ideas are teeny tiny and others are dramatic. But you won't find pots and planters here. Check out some of these interesting ways to display your succulents!
5 Offbeat Ways to Show Off Your Succulents
1. Terrarium Necklace - Wear clippings from your favorite succulents around your neck with this living terrarium necklace that you can make yourself.
2. Inside a Table - This outdoor dining table has a built in succulent planter.
3. Planted in a Wine Cork - You can turn these micro-planters into jewelry or use them to add little touches of green to your home decor.
4. In a Pallet Planter - Go vertical! Turn an old wood pallet into a leaning planter for your garden
5. In a Tiny Necklace Planter - This is another succulent jewelry idea. Atlanta crafter Made by Colleen creates tiny wearable planters to show off your succulent clippings.