A few weeks ago I attended the Georgia Organics Conference and did a demonstration on how to make your own green cleaning supplies and DIY beauty recipes. It was an amazing weekend, and I was thrilled to see so many people interested in ditching store-bought chemicals in favor of homemade, natural cleaning recipes.
Making your own green cleaning supplies is cheap and easy, and today I wanted to share a few simple recipes that anyone can make. Whether you're a green cleaning pro or totally new to homemade cleaning supplies, the recipes below are totally doable.
5 Green Cleaning Recipes for a Healthy Home
1. Homemade Wood Polish - This recipe has only two ingredients, and I bet that you have one of them in your kitchen already! Julie gives a couple of wax options, and you can find both beeswax and candelilla wax on Amazon if you can't find it locally.
2. Homemade Soft Scrub - Another two-ingredient recipe, this works great for scrubbing the tub, shower, and tile.
3. All Purpose Cleaner - I shared this recipe at the conference, and it's definitely a staple in our house!
4. Homemade Cleaning Wipes - Skip the bleach-soaked wipes and make your own reusable cloth cleaning wipes at a fraction of the cost.
5. Homemade Laundry Soap - This recipe gets your clothes just as clean as the soap at the store, and it costs only pennies a load.
Do you make your own green cleaning supplies? I'd love to hear your favorite recipes in the comments!