Need some help getting organized in the new year? Check out these DIY home storage ideas!
Sure, you can hit the big box store for shelves, bookcases, and storage boxes, but those commercial solutions come with a big carbon footprint. When you create your own home storage from reclaimed materials, you're doing double service to the environment. Not only does your DIY home storage have a lower impact than the sort produced in a factory and shipped all over the world, but you're also keeping waste out of the landfill.
5 Upcycled Home Storage Projects
- Bike Frame Shelving - Did your bike bite the dust? Turn the frame into hanging shelving !
- Dresser Drawer Shelves - Go vertical for efficient storage made from old dresser drawers.
- Burlap Coffee Sack Box - Instead of baskets or soft boxes, turn an old coffee sack into a pretty home storage solution,
- Vintage Suitcase Drawers - Did you pull the drawers out of a dresser to make shelves? Replace them with vintage suitcases! Bam!
- Crutch Shelves - I love a ladder shelf, and I love this ingenious one made from an old pair of crutches even more!
Have you made any cool upcycled home storage solutions? Tell us about them in the comments!
Image Credit: Crutch Shelf photo via Mamie Jane