There's just one weekend left for crafting between now and Father's Day, so if you're planning a handmade gift it's time to get going.
Sure, you can pick up a store-bought Father's Day gift, but doesn't something handmade have a lot more heart? Plus, when you make a Father's Day gift yourself, you're able to choose eco-friendly materials! Here are some awesome DIY Father's Day gift ideas that you can make this weekend:
- Mini Photo Album - Fill a handmade mini album with sentimental photos for dad.
- Upcycled Pinhole Camera - Is your dad a shutterbug? Get him back to photography's roots!
- Mini Herb Garden - If your pops loves to cook, use some reclaimed plastic bottles to make him a self-watering kitchen herb garden.
- Chalkboard Paint Door Calendar - Does dad need a little help in the organization department? This chalkboard calendar could be just the thing!
- Chalkboard Glass Jars - Dad can use these to store everything from tools to knick knacks to cutlery.
- Infused Booze - Does he love a good cocktail? Make it extra special with homemade infused vodka.
- Wine Cork Micro-Planters - Give him a little green to remind him of you while he's at the office!
- Infused Vinegar - Booze not his thing? How about some infused vinegars for the dad who cooks?
- Soda Can Lanterns - If he loves hanging out in the back yard or on the porch, give him these to add a little color and light!
- Wine Box Planters - Another take on the kitchen herb garden. This one requires a little more space but is just beautiful!
- Mason Jar Planters - Give the gift of green. You can plant anything from small plants and flowers to herbs in this hanging planter.
- Chalkboard Shelf with Hanging Hooks - This gift guarantees that dad will have a place for everything.
- Hanging Necktie Tool or Scissor Holder - Is he always looking for that pair of scissors or a screwdriver? Make him a vintage necktie hanger so he'll never lose his favorite tool again!
- Repurposed Magazine Box - You can use this box to hold whatever gift you make, and dad can use it for storage!
- Coffee Sleeve - Turn an old bike inner tube into a cute coffee sleeve for the java-loving dad.
- Homemade Cologne - Store-bought cologne is full of nasty chemicals. Make a custom scent for dad instead!
- Homemade Soda - Whip up a few yummy flavors, and package them up in a reclaimed six pack covered in pretty paper or contact paper.
- Individual Cobblers - If your dad has a sweet tooth, he'll love a little batch of mini cobblers!
- Upcycled Wine Bottle Gas Lamp - The perfect gift for a dad who loves to garden, this lamp is a great garden accessory!
- Cardboard Camera Stand - This recycled cardboard project turns dad's camera into a scanner or photocopier, no electronics required.
- Energy-Saving Phone Charging Dock - Help your pop cut the vampire power and stay organized with a permanent charging station for his phone.
- Cardboard Laptop Stand - Perfect if your dad has any kind of home office situation.
- Homemade Sugar Scrub - Even dads need a little pampering. Whip him up a DIY sugar scrub with some earthy essential oils.
- DIY Planner - Make this planner special for dad by writing in important dates, like birthdays and anniversaries.
- Recycled Magazine Plant Stand - Give him this stand and a sweet potted plant to add a little green to your dad's day.
Have you made any cool, DIY Father's Day gifts? Let's share more ideas in the comments!