Can you believe that this beautiful costume jewelry is made from upcycled magazine pages?
Crafty superstar Mark Montano shared a super awesome video tutorial on how to make your very own 80s-inspired upcycled jewelry from old magazine or catalog pages. You need a few simple jewelry supplies to make your own, so check the materials list below before you get started!
This tutorial makes a whole set of DIY jewelery. To make the complete set, you'll need:
- an old magazine or catalog and scissors to cut it up
- needle nose pliers
- spray paint - spray paint can be nasty stuff, but you can choose Krylon H2o, which is a little bit better. I couldn't find the H2O in gold, but I think that white would look really nice, and still keep that 80s feel.
- flat-backed beads - Dont' want to buy new? Salvage these from thrift store jewelry!
- E-6000 - this glue is far from green, but it is durable, which means your finished product will last.
- earring backings, ring findings, and a blank metal cuff - you can salvage these from thrifted jewelry, too!
- white glue
Ready to get crafting? Here's the video tutorial!