Do you hoard wine corks like I do? Let's bust that stash with some upcycled wine cork crafts!
Unless you're buying box or screw-top wine (no judgement here - lots of good bottles come in boxes or with screw tops these days!), chances are every time you pop a bottle of vino, you're left with a cork in your hand. Don't toss those suckers into the trash! Save them in a bowl for some rainy day crafting instead!
Wine corks aren't always made from actual cork, which for most of these projects is a-ok! The plastic corks are just as fun for crafting as the natural cork ones, and those plastic ones are actually a lot easier to cut up than natural cork. For either sort, a sharp, serrated knife gets the job done nicely if you need to slice and dice your corks.
Ready to get crafty? Check out some of these wine cork crafts!
1. Wino Cork board - If you have a nice stash of corks going, you can turn them into a mini cork board to keep your a little bit more organized.
2. Micro-Planters - Make your self the teeniest garden ever by transforming your old corks into micro-planters for succulents.
3. Plant Markers - This project works best with natural cork, but if you use a permanent marker that contrasts with the color of your synthetic cork, you can even use the plastic sort to make these cork plant markers!
4. Decorative Heart - Another project that's best with natural cork, though you could modify it with some artfully-placed synthetic ones. Gather your corks and make a sweet cork heart to hang on the wall!
5. Pendants - Use paint to add a pop of color and stamps to embellish your very own handmade wine cork pendants.
Have you made anything cool out of old wine corks? Tell us all about your favorite cork crafts in the comments!