Feeling guilty about the cereal boxes in your recycle bin? Pull 'em out and try some of these upcycled projects to give them a new life!
Recycling is great, but reuse is always better! Cardboard recycling is pretty efficient, as recycling goes, but it still takes energy to turn old cardboard into new paper products, and transporting cardboard from your home to the recycle center produces carbon emissions, too.
Boxes are a natural pick for storage, right? When I was researching some ideas for cereal boxes, I noticed that so many of them were organization-related! Next time you polish off a box of cereal, save the box for one of these home organization cardboard crafts!
1. Magazine Rack - Do you have magazines all over your house? Tidy those suckers up with a cereal box magazine rack!
2. Expandable File Folder - Get organized! Check out how to turn an old cereal box into a chic way to store your files.
3. Mini Album - Get your photos all in order with an upcycled album.
4. Fabric Storage Baskets - Cover old cereal boxes in fabric to make boxes for all kinds of organizing needs!
5. Closet Organizer - Tame a messy closet with the power of upcycled cereal boxes!
Have you guys made anything fun with reclaimed cereal boxes lately? Share your ideas in the comments!