Valentine's day is is coming up fast! Check out these cute DIY decor ideas!
Sure, you could hit the big box store for made-in-China decorations and the huge carbon footprint that comes along with them, but that hardly screams "love!" This year, why not take a little time and pour your heart into some DIY decorations for Valentine's day instead?
Whether you're throwing a party or planning a quiet evening, some cute decorations can help set the mood. Here are 5 projects to get you started!
1. Heart Garland - I love this sweet heart garland made from old book pages. It's a cute, upcycled decoration that's not too over the top.
2. Chocolate Box Wall Art - Do you have an empty chocolate box left from last year's Valentine's Day? Turn it into super cute wall art!
3. Heart Luminaries - Grab a reclaimed glass jar and decoupage yourself a romantic luminary for the tabletop!
4. Origami Hearts - These origami heart Valentines would look really cute scattered on a tabletop. Each one is sealed with a kiss! If you want to make this a really green project, choose reclaimed paper - like junk mail or magazine pages - to make your hearts, and go for fair trade chocolate instead of Hershey's.
5. Painted Twig Heart - Wouldn't this cute, rustic heart look sweet hanging on a door or over the mantle?
Do you have any cute Valentine's day crafts in the works? Tell us what you're making in the comments!