They don't call this season "fall" for nothin'! If your neighborhood is anything like mine, chances are downed leaves and branches are covering the streets and sidewalks. You can wait for the city to take care of that fall debris, or you can gather up some of those sticks and twigs and get crafty!
1. Forever Flowers - Combine some nice-sized sticks with fabric scraps, vintage buttons, and a vase to make a bouquet of flowers that don't need water and will never wilt.
2. Decorative Bird's Nest - This nest made of found twigs would be lovely as part of a centerpiece for Thanksgiving!
3. DIY Paint Brush - Fat sticks make a great handle for a homemade paint brush.
4. Ornament Tree - Deck the halls! Arrange a few sticks in a vase and hang ornaments from them to make sweet little ornament trees.
5. Twig Trivet - A twivet! Use waxed twine to transform a bundle of twigs into a trivet for the table.
6. Stick Christmas Tree - Pull out the ol' hot glue gun and turn a pile of sticks into a Christmas tree for the mantle.
7. Painted Twig Heart - Grab some paint in bright colors and a spool of wire to create a beautiful hanging heart.
8. Fall-Themed Candle Holder - Use raffia or twine to tie a bundle of twigs around an old glass candle holder to give it a seasonal look.
9. Twig Wreath - Gather a whole bunch of twigs and make a rustic wreath for the front door.
Have you guys made anything with the sticks and twigs you've collected? Share your ideas in the comments!