We talked a couple of weeks ago about how this is a great month for FOOD! Not only is it October Unprocessed, but October is the Vegan Month of Food (Vegan MoFo, for short), which is all about celebrating the delicious world of vegan eats. I can't think of anything that celebrates deliciousness like yummy vegan desserts!
There's a common myth that vegans can't eat delicious food like sugar or even chocolate, and I am here to tell you that that couldn't be more wrong. While milk chocolate is not vegan, for example, many good-quality dark chocolates are vegan naturally. Dark chocolate is is just cocoa powder, cocoa butter (fat from a cocoa bean), and sugar. No milk, no butterfat, no skim milk powder. All of those dairy additives are fillers that companies put into dark chocolate to make it taste richer without using cocoa butter, which is often more expensive than subsidized dairy products.
Of course, chocolate is just one example, and I hope this list of delicious vegan desserts helps show that vegans can get just as decadent as any omnivore!
1. Mexican Hot Chocolate Brownies - These fudgy brownies have a spicy kick, just like traditional Mexican hot chocolate.
2. Pear and Ginger Ricotta Cheesecake with Salted Caramel Drizzle - Vegan cheesecake? You bet! I've had many vegan cheesecakes that rival their dairy cousins in deliciousness.
3. Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse - Mousse is another dairy-based dessert that veganizes beautifully.
4. Pumpkin Pie Custard with Brulee Topping - Do you love creme brulee? Check out this awesome vegan take with a fall-inspired twist!
5. Strawberry Chocolate Raw Cheesecake - If that ricotta cheesecake seems like too much, give this one a go! Soaked cashes blend to create a rich, smooth, creamy cheesecake base. You will not be sorry.
6. Apple Tart - It's fall, and that means apple season! These little apple tarts will warm your heart and your belly!
7. Vegan Gingerbread Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache Frosting - I'd be remiss if I compiled a list of vegan desserts without at least one cupcake recipe.
Do you have any favorite vegan desserts? I'd love to hear your recipe ideas in the comments!