Are any of you guys participating in October Unprocessed or the Vegan Month of Food? Any challenge is easier with a little bit of support, so here are some vegan recipes made from unprocessed food to help you along!
There's a common myth that vegans have to eat lots of processed foods, like fake meat and cheese, to live, but this is totally untrue! Sure, companies make those foods, and they're a nice treat if that's something you enjoy, but they're by no means required. A truly healthy vegan diet - like any healthy diet - centers around real food made from unprocessed ingredients. Check out these whole food vegan recipes!
1. Ginger Sesame Kale - This makes a great side dish, whether you eat it hot or chill it to enjoy later as a salad.
2. Quinoa Vegetable Paella - Healthy beans and veggies plus some quinoa for superfood power? Yes, please!
3. Indian Lentil Curry of Great Happiness - Skip the vegan butter in favor for good ol' olive oil to make this an unprocessed recipe.
4. Lentil Veggie Burgers - I love a veggie burger that doesn't try to be meaty.
5. Pumpkin Sage Pate - Perfect for fall!
6. Coconut Tomato-Eggplant Bisque - Can you say "comfort food?"
7. Curry Wasabi Nori Rolls - A no-rice, raw sushi roll stuffed with healthy veggies.
8. Vegan Sushi How-to - If you prefer a more traditional sushi experience, the PPK has a great how-to. Stuff your rolls with yummy veggie ingredients like avocado, sauteed mushrooms, cucumber, ground peanuts, or fried eggplant. Y-U-M!
9. Asian Veggie Noodles - Soy sauce is pretty processed, so I'd salt to taste instead. You'll also want to check that tofu package for weird ingredients, but there are lots of tofus out there that count as unprocessed. If you can't find tofu that fits the bill, skip it and add more peanuts instead!
10. Vegan Ranch Dressing - No vegan mayo here! The secret to this recipe's creaminess is cashews!
Do you have a favorite vegan recipe made from unprocessed food? Let's keep the recipe ideas going in the comments!