Somehow, my t-shirt drawer always seems to end up overflowing. I blame Threadless $10 sales and the endless supply of volunteer and swag t-shirts I get from festivals and through my husband's work. Next time your t-shirt drawer overfloweth, raid that wealth of jersey fabric and try out some of these t-shirt craft projects!
Sewing jersey can be a little bit tricky at first. Some of these projects are no-sew, but if you're daunted by sewing knits, don't fret! Prudent Baby has some excellent tips on how to sew with jersey fabric. What's worked best for me in the past is just taking things slowly and using a wide zig zag stitch to prevent popped stitches.
Ready to get crafty? Check out these upcycled t-shirt crafts!
1. Neckerchief T-Shirt Scarf - This is a simple, no-sew project to create a cozy scarf for fall.
2. DIY Undies - Move those shirts from your t-shirt drawer to your panty drawer with this simple tutorial.
3. T-Shirt Bracelet - Remember finger weaving? You can use that same technique to create chunky t-shirt bracelets!
4. Looped T-Shirt Scarf - If the neckerchief style isn't your thing, try this cute take on the t-shirt scarf.
5. Yoga Pants - Yep! You can turn an old t-shirt into new capri-style yoga pants!
Have you guys made anything fun out of old t-shirts lately? I'd love to hear your ideas in the comments!