Holy heatwave, y'all! You know the situation is dire when temperatures in the mid 90s are a relief, right? If you've got a beach vacation in the works, you can still get your craft on.
The beach is a great place to find natural crafty inspiration. From sand and shells to the driftwood and even sea water, the ocean provides abundant craft supplies with very little impact. Check out some of these super fun beach crafts for inspiration!
1. Sand art - Grab some reclaimed jars and create a sand art keepsake.
2. Shell wind chimes - Combine collected shells and drift wood with a bit of twine to create beautiful, natural wind chimes.
3. Seashell candles - What a great way to use leftover wax from your used candles. Create a set of tiny seashell votives!
4. Make a sand castle - Not all crafts are forever, and a sand castle's transiency is part of its fun, isn't it? If you want to take your sand castle-building to the next level, check out these tips from The Guardian!
5. Sea glass necklace - Sea glass has so much character, and with a little savvy wire-wrapping you can turn your salvaged glass into a beautiful pendant.
6. Sandy handprint - Remember your kiddo's first trip to the beach with a DIY sandy handprint.
7. Shell planters - If you run across any larger shells, you can repurpose them as beautiful planters.
8. Seashell shadowboxes - Did your kids get a little over-enthused collecting shells at the beach? Frame them up! You can buy a new shadowbox frame or make this project even more eco-friendly and pick one up at the thrift store!
9. Shell lights - Jazz up a strand of LED lights with collected seashells.
10. Driftwood wind chimes - I love the rustic feel of these driftwood wind chimes, and they're super simple to make!
Are you headed to the beach this summer? I'd love to hear about the beach crafts you have in the works!
Image Credits: Creative Commons photos by Julie Finn