Instead of tossing your cardboard, you can reuse it to make fun cardboard crafts!
Cardboard is pretty ubiquitous, isn't it? It seems like you can't buy many things without ending up with a bit of cardboard that's headed for the recycle bin.
Paper recycling is pretty efficient, but it does take energy to send the cardboard away and to actually do the recycling part. If you do end up with some spare cardboard laying around, you can use your crafty skills to turn it into something usable again instead! Here are some cardboard crafts to get you started.
1. All you need to make the cardboard shelf pictured above are boxes, an X-acto blade, a ruler, and glue!
2. Esprit Cabane shows you how to turn cardboard tubes into cute side tables.
3. Cats love cardboard, so next time you have some big boxes laying around, you can whip them up a cardboard cat playhouse!
4. Transform old toilet paper or paper towel rolls into a tree wall decoration.
5. Got a lot of old tea boxes handy? Whip yourself up a sweet little circus train.
6. Don't toss that old cereal box! You can upcycled it into a pillow box for wrapping gifts.
7. You don't need to buy an expensive scanner. Try this reclaimed cardboard stand that turns your digital camera into an instant scanner.
8. Transform an old corrugated cardboard box into a functional laptop stand.
9. Got an empty 12 pack box? Turn it into a set of embroidery thread bracelets.
10. Inspiration & Realisation shows you how to turn an old tin can and a corrugated cardboard box into a recycled vase.
Have you guys done any fun cardboard crafts lately? I'd love to hear your ideas in the comments!