Have you scored some awesome, vintage suitcases in your thrifting adventures? Here are some crafty ways to reuse them!
I don't know about you guys, but vintage suitcases seem a little bit cumbersome to me for traveling. They're heavy, they're often not on wheels, and for a short gal like me it takes extra effort to keep mine from dragging on the ground when I carry it. That doesn't mean old suitcases aren't useful! They're a great way to add a little personality to your home decor or even add some pop to a craft show display.
1. Use vintage suitcases as drawers in an old adjustable shelving unit to create instant hidden storage.
2. Remove the top, add some legs, and whip up a pillow to fit, and you can trasform your suitcase into a super cute pet bed.
3. A vintage suitcase craft supply organizer looks simple to re-create with reclaimed paper and glue.
4. With a little bit of love, an old suitcase becomes a vertical craft show display. They best part? It's display piece that doubles as storage, so you have one less thing to pack up when the show's over.
5. I'm loving these upcycled suitcase chairs!
6. Make a vintage suitcase end table by just stacking up old suitcases. This might not work with the curved type of suitcase, so experiment to see what does the trick!
7. Turn a vintage suitcase into a shabby chic ottoman.
8. Use an old suitcase to make a unique floating wall shelf.
Have you guys done any fun crafts with old suitcases? I'd love to hear your ideas in the comments!