Are you a beer drinker or a soda addict? If you're a regular reader here, chances are you toss those empty cans into the recycle bin instead of the trash. High five! Recycling metal is a pretty efficient process, and recycling your empties definitely lightens your beverage footprint a bit.
Of course, recycling still takes energy, and reusing before recycling is always the best way to go. Luckily, there are all sorts of fun, crafty ways to reuse empty soda cans! Here are some of our faves.
1. Don't forget about the pop tops! Collect enough, and you can use them to make upcycled art, like this pop top peace sign.
2. Take a cue from Paul Villinski. Grab some tin snips and transform your empties into beautiful birds and butterflies.
3. Slice them up, and make some pretty soda can lanterns.
4. Make party lights! Fill your cans with water, freeze, then use a hammer and nail to create designs on the sides. You can use the open top to string it up on LED Christmas lights for a sweet strand of mini lanterns.
5. Create brooches. Grab the tin snips and tape and make those old cans into cute pins for your shirt or your bag!
Have you guys done any fun soda can crafts? I'd love to hear what you're making!