If you're a regular around here, you know that I love a handmade holiday, and Valentine's Day is no exception! I'm loving this sweet heart garland that I ran across on Pinterest. The Pinterest user who shared this photo didn't include instructions or a link to where you can buy your own, but this would be super simple to make yourself! Here's how.
- Scrap paper. You can use book pages, junk mail, or any other scrap paper that you like!
- Embroidery thread and a needle
- Cut out 3 strips of paper that are 1/2" wide in varying lengths. Try 9", 10" and 11" to start.
- Fold each piece in half.
- Take the 9" strip, and nestle it inside of the folded 10" strip, then nestle both of those inside the 11" strip.
- Hold the bottoms of the paper together in one hand, and use your other hand to gently press down on the paper where it's creased. You want to work the creases in between your fingers that are holding the bottom of the paper.
- Garb your stapler, and put one staple through all of that paper to secure your heart in place.
- Tie a knot in one end of a piece of embroidery thread, then use the needle to work it up through the staple, leaving you with a little tail coming out of the top of your heart.
- Tie the tail to the twine, and tie a pretty bow on top where it connects, if you like.
- Repeat steps 1-7 to create as many hearts as you like for your garland!
[Heart garland photo via Pinterest]