It is officially sweater season, but what do you do when your sweater stash runneth over?
Don't despair! You can use your crafty skills to turn a shrunken sweater into all sorts of fun, cold-weather gear. Here are some crafty projects to turn those old sweaters into something that you can wear again.
- Make an Infinity Scarf - It's super simple to turn an old sweater into a hip, cozy scarf.
- Sew a Capelet - This sweater capelet looks as comfy as it is cute!
- Sweater Leggings - Over at Cut Out + Keep, you can learn how to use an old sweater to make super sassy leggings.
- Make a Hat - You don't need to be a knitter to make a hat. Cal Patch at CraftStylish shows you how to make a new hat from an old sweater.
- Make Mittens - The ever-fabulous Martha Stewart makes an old sweater into a pair of mittens.
Of course, there are lots of other ways that you can get crafty with those sweaters from the back of your closet. Have you guys done any sweater crafts? I'd love to hear what you're making in the comments!