We love a good wood pallet project around here, and what better than combining pallets with another Green Upgrader favorite: vertical gardening!
The folks at Craft pointed us to this awesome pallet planter from Life on the Balcony. Fern walks you through the individual steps to whip up this lovely vertical planter, but here are the tools you'll need:
- 1 wood pallet
- 2 large bags of potting soil
- 16 six-packs of annual flowers
- landscape fabric
- a staple gun and staples
- sand paper
Green it Up!
This project is pretty green from the get-go, but there are a couple of places that you could tweak it to make it even more eco-friendly:
- Opt for organic potting soil or a mix of organic potting soil and compost from your yard.
- Plant edibles! This pallet planter would make a lovely, vertical herb garden. You could also go with some edible flowers, like purslane (you can eat the leaves on this one, not the flowers).
- Choose an eco-friendly landscape fabric.
It might also be fun to decorate that pallet, which would be a great way to get the kids involved! You can let them paint their own designs on there or pull out the hot glue gun and embellish you pallet planter with vintage buttons or something similar.
Have you guys done any fun gardening pallet projects? I'd love to hear what you're up to!