We talked on Wednesday about how to put the indie into your Independence Day celebration, but what about making this Fourth of July a cruelty free celebration, too?
A common misconception about vegan food is that we eat like rabbits. That just isn't true at all! Sure, lettuce and carrots are vegan, but there are lots of hearty vegan eats, including tasty foods for your cookout. Here's a roundup of vegan Fourth of July dishes that are sure to please!
- The Fat Free Vegan's seitan ribz are a filling, vegan main dish for the grill.
- You can't have a cookout without a potato salad! This fennel potato salad recipe was a hit, even with my omnivore friends.
- This corn with miso butter is a fun twist on your usual grilled corn. Just use Earth Balance or olive oil in place of the butter in the recipe to make this a vegan treat.
- Of course, you have to have dessert! Serve fresh berries or grill up some stone fruits, like peaches and plums, and top them with a tasty cashew cream sauce.
- And what cookout would be complete without a signature cocktail? Instead of your typical mixed drinks, you can keep your guests cool with boozy popsicles in red, white, and blue!
Do you guys have any favorite vegan recipes for the grill? Share away in the comments!
Image Credit: Creative Commons photo by derekskey