Things are heating up out there, and it's about time to get out in the garden and make things lovely again! Growing some of your own food is a fun, easy way to incorporate more local eats into your diet. If you've got kids, gardening helps them connect with the earth and with their food. In fact, kids who garden are more likely to want to eat those fresh fruits, veggies, and herbs that they helped grow.
What better way to make gardening fun for you and your kiddos than to spice things up with these recycled finds from Etsy?
- Before planting or potting your herbs, you can start the seeds in these lovely little recycled sprout jars from Memories in the Sand.
- I'd seen vintage spoons turned into garden markers but am totally in love with the unique look of Beach House Living's fork plant markers.
- Whether you hang it just for garden parties or leave it up every day, the celebration banner from Lucy's Room will make that back yard feel festive!
- Once those seeds are sprouted and ready to pot, 8point8's beautiful reclaimed wooden planters would make a perfect home for that herb garden.
- Once everything is decorated and planted, maybe you'd like to settle in for some bird watching! GarageInc's handmade birdhouse would add a nice dose of cheer to your favorite tree.
Have you guys started sprucing up your gardens yet? We'd love to hear what you're up to in the comments!