Enter to win a copy of Disneynature’s Earth on DVD as well as an Oceans companion book!
Disneynature, the studio that presented the record-breaking film “Earth,” will once again bring nature to the big screen with it's Earth Day, 2010 debut of Oceans: a documentary that will give you a breathtaking look at the diversity swirling just below the waves.
Nearly three-quarters of the Earth’s surface is covered by water and Oceans boldly chronicles the mysteries that lie beneath. Directors Jacques Perrin and Jacques Cluzaud dive deep into the very waters that sustain all of mankind—exploring the harsh reality and the amazing creatures that live within.
Narrated by Pierce Brosnan and featuring spectacular never-before-seen imagery captured by the latest underwater technologies, OCEANS offers an unprecedented look beneath the sea in a powerful motion picture that unfolds on April 22, 2010.
"These filmmakers have given us the pleasure of looking over their shoulders—of doing what I have dreamed of being able to do—to get in a school of fish, to be a dolphin, to be a whale—and swim along with them," said Dr. Sylvia Earle, Explorer in Residence at the National Geographic Society in a recent press release. "This is the best I've ever seen. It takes me places I've wanted to go. This is beyond art. This captures the spirit, the very essence of the sea."
By seeing Disneynature’s Oceans during opening week (April 22-28, 2010), you can make a meaningful difference for our world’s oceans and the species that depend on them for survival.
In honor of each moviegoer, Disneynature, through the Disney Worldwide Conservation Fund, will help establish new marine protected areas in The Bahamas with The Nature Conservancy, one of the largest conservation organizations in the world. These areas will contain miles of vital coral reefs that provide natural habitat, nurseries and feeding grounds for hundreds of marine species. More information about conservation efforts can be found here.
But the fun doesn't end there! In honor of the Earth Day premiere, Walt Disney Studios has offered to award an exclusive Earth and Oceans prize pack to one lucky greenUPGRADER reader!
How to Enter to Win:
1. Become a fan of greenUPGRADER (or other LiveOAK Media sites including, ecopolitology and Earth & Industry) on Facebook; alternatively, you can subscribe to any of the above via twitter or RSS (but you have to subscribe to something, even if you unsubscribe in a week, which we hope you won’t do, of course;
2. Share this post with your friends and coworkers on Facebook or Twitter (You don’t have to do this but they’re gonna find out anyway so you might as well be the one to tell them. And just think, they’ll be so happy you did).
3. Learn more about how Disneynature is using the proceeds from Oceans ticket sales to protect and resort our coral reefs;
4. Leave a comment for this post telling us which Facebook profile or feed you subscribed to, AND;
5. Tell us one of your favorite things about the ocean or an animal that lives within it (in 50 words or less)
A winner will be chosen by April 30th, 2010. Open to U.S. Residents only, no duplicate entries.